Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Due to public health concerns, Georgia Tech is unable to offer in-person tutoring at this time. We are offering students the choice to schedule tutoring via videoconference, but must convey that this method does make ensuring FERPA privacy difficult. Tutors will conduct video tutoring in a private location, and recommend that students do the same to limit the amount of information which could be overheard by others in the vicinity. By agreeing to videoconference-tutoring, students are confirming they understand this situation. More instructions can be found at http://success.gatech.edu/online-tutoring
Online Tutoring Instructions for Students
Online tutoring sessions are designed to be student led and it is important that you are prepared to actively solve problems and articulate your own thought process.
Please follow the steps below for scheduling and joining Online 1-to-1 Tutoring Appointments
- Schedule a 1-to-1 Tutoring Appointment. You should receive a confirmation email with instructions shortly after scheduling an appointment.
- Before the session begins, please download the BlueJeans app on your computer and mobile device (preferred).
(https://gatech.bluejeans.com or search BlueJeans on the app store or google play)
- Gather material that you would like to work on during the session. You will be able to screen share with the tutor, so feel free to pull up any lecture notes, powerpoints, textbooks, etc. that you think will be useful on your computer.
- Bring paper and a writing utensil. You can use your phone as a document camera to show your work.
- To join the meeting, log on to TutorTrac (https://academicsupport.gatech.edu) and click the "Enter ONLINE Appointment" link.
note: This link will only appear within 15 minutes of the scheduled start time. The tutor may be conducting sessions back-to-back, so please respect other students' appointments and wait until your session is scheduled to begin before clicking the link.
- If you are also able to join using your phone, please do so. Mute the computer microphone and make sure your computer speaker is also muted. You will be using your phone for audio.
- Join the same BlueJeans meeting on your phone (either click "Join Meeting" button in the email invitation or join using the 9-digit meeting ID) Either way, select the "App Audio & Video" option. Make sure you join with "Microphone On" and "Video On" selected.
What is 1-to-1 Tutoring?
1-to-1 Tutoring is a free, appointment-based, CRLA Certified tutoring program offered to all Georgia Tech undergraduate students.
Tutoring is limited to students currently enrolled in the course. Appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance. All in-person sessions are held in the tutoring lounge on the second floor of Clough Undergraduate Learning Commons (Clough 273). See the policies section below for more details.
Who are the tutors?
Our peer tutors are undergraduate students who have excelled in the courses they support and have been trained in accordance with College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) International Tutor Training guidelines.
Spring 2020 1-to-1 Courses Supported List
We support over 130 undergraduate courses with an emphasis on courses for first- and second-year students. If you have trouble finding availability that fits your schedule for one of the courses on this list, please submit the form below.
|AE||1601, 2010, 2220, 2610, 2611, 3030, 3140, 3330, 3340, 3610, 4451, 4532|
|BIOL||1510, 1520, 2344|
|BMED||2210, 2250, 2400, 3100, 3310, 3400, 3520, 3600|
|CHBE||2100, 2120, 2130, 3200, 3210, 3225, 4300, 4765|
|CS||1371, 2050, 2051, 2110, 2200, 2316, 2340, 3600, 4510, 4641|
|EAS||1600, 1601, 2600|
|ECE||2020, 2026, 2036, 2040, 3710, 3741|
|ISYE||2027, 2028, 3025, 3232, 3770|
|MATH||1111, 1113, 1551, 1552, 1553, 1554, 1564, 2106, 2550, 2551, 2552, 2603, 3012, 3406, 3670, 4581|
|ME||1770, 2016, 2110, 2202, 3017, 3322, 3340, 3345|
|PHYS||2021, 2022, 2211, 2212, 2213, 2231, 2232, 3021, 3122, 3143, 3201|
|SPAN||1001, 1002, 2001, 2002, 3101|